The programme is targeted at developing the following competencies, skills and abilities amongst students. They shall be able to:
1. Acquire in depth knowledge to evaluate and integrate technologies in power system engineering with global perspective
2. Make critical appraisal of integrated power system related problems independently and propose optimal solution considering public health, safety and environmental issues
3. Demonstrate ability to identify and define problems in power engineering through surveys and use appropriate research methodologies for analysis
4. Exhibit ability to use modern power system analysis tools
5. Possess knowledge for functioning effectively, as a member or team leader, in executing projects under diverse and multidisciplinary environments.
6. Demonstrate knowledge of engineering materials, manufacturing processes, project management and finance principles to be able to manage projects efficiently
7. Communicate effectively in written, oral and graphical forms, provide instructions and present the results in a professional manner to the engineering personnel and the society.
8. Develop ability to learn reflectively from mistakes, engage in lifelong learning, adapt new developments and participate in continuing education opportunities to foster personal and organizational growth
9. Demonstrate independent learning and scholarship by adopting research pursuits
10. Understand contemporary issues in providing technology solutions for sustainable development considering impact of economic, social, political and global issues and thereby contribute to the welfare of the society.
11. Demonstrate integrity, ethical behavior and commitment to code of conduct of professional practices and standards.