To achieve excellent standard of quality education by keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies and to create technical manpower of global standards with capabilities of accepting new challenges in Information Technology.
To equip our graduates with knowledge and expertise to contribute significantly to the knowledge and information industry .
- Promoting collaborative research through special interest groups, research laboratories and Industry Institute Interactions.
- To nurture interpersonal and entrepreneurial skills to provide leadership in the information industries.
Programme Educational Objectives
The programme educational objectives of the Information Technology programme are designed to produce competent engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of information technology causes and to accommodate the needs of the profession. The graduates shall:
- Practice Information Technology in the general disciplines of design, development & deployment of software and integration of existing technologies for e-governance nationwide.
- Apply fundamental technical knowledge and skills to provide workable solutions to problems in various areas of IT.
- Pursue higher education, research and development and deploy creative efforts in the area of Information Technology.
- Use the acquired knowledge in societal and environmental sensitive manner with professional ethics in a team
Program Specific Outcomes
AUtilize the hands on experience of industry internship leading to take up live problems in IT industries .
Apply core concepts of information technology in android/iOS Application & Product Development.
Demonstrate the skills in Web based technologies and information management.
The programme is targeted at developing the following competencies, skills and abilities amongst students. They shall be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering
fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex
engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics,
natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and
design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate
consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research
methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the
information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern
engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities
with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess
societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to
the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering
solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need
for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and
norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader
in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the
engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write
effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the
engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and
leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in
independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.