To achieve excellent standards of quality education by keeping pace with rapidly changing technologies and to create technical manpower of global standards in electronics & telecommunication engineering with capabilities of accepting new challenges.
To create competent professionals who are trained in the design, implementation of engineering & telecommunication systems.
- To contribute towards the advancement of engineering, science and technology
- To impart quality and value based education to raise satisfaction of all stake holders
- To promote research & development activities in the field of electronics & telecommunication engineering and allied areas
Programme Educational Objectives
The educational objectives of the Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering programme are designed to produce competent engineers who are ready to contribute effectively to the advancement of electronics & telecommunication engineering causes and to accommodate the needs of the profession. The graduates shall:
- PEO1: Identify, define and solve problems in the fields of electronics & communication engineering.
- PEO2: Employ necessary techniques and tools for advanced engineering applications, engage themselves in research and development, and take up higher education.
- PEO3: Use their skills in an ethical & professional manner to raise the satisfaction level of the stakeholders .
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1: Demonstrate industrial practices learned through internship and solve the live problems of the industries
- PSO2: Acquire multidisciplinary knowledge through projects and hands on experience to meet industry needs.
- PSO3: Demonstrate a capability to undertake higher studies and develop leadership qualities to emerge as potential entrepreneur.
The students will be able to learn:
Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change