To be recognized internationally for quality education and research in mechanical engineering with excellence in the fields of design, manufacturing and thermal sciences.
To prepare professionally competent and broadly educated mechanical engineers .
- To develop analytical and research abilities .
- Encouraging culture of continuous learning .
- Adopting new technologies to solve complex problems .
Programme Educational Objectives
The Programme educational objectives (PEOs) of the programme are designed to produce competent engineers who shall:
- Apply knowledge of computer aided analysis, design, modeling and simulation to provide solutions to industrial problems in diverse domains.
- Pursue professional career by developing products and services to address social, technical and business challenges and needs.
- Be engaged in creative efforts and research under collaborative and multidisciplinary environments using modern tools and processes.
Program Specific Outcomes
- Demonstrate industrial practices learned through internship and solve the industrial problem using technical knowhow acquired.
- Apply skill in multi disciplinary area of renewable energy, automotive, agricultural & heat transfer
- Utilize skill in developing innovative prototype concepts enabling to protect intellectual property rights
The students will be able to learn::
Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of
mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering
specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review
research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching
substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural
sciences, and engineering sciences.
Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for
complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that
meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public
health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental
Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change